28.12.09

My Aquarium Eyes by Cody Davis

I have all the working parts to be someone else

and a shelf with new names and wedding rings. Really shiny things.
All are given to me. And I’d like you to realize that
You are an accessory, like our feelings, Reacting chemicals in their cubicles,
Pulling levers and Making measures and Giving equal or more than they were given
Go go go
Why aren’t we scared of an aneurism?
And you’re risen. Up.
Above all, aren’t we all who we want to be.
Take me, Nineteen, Spasmodic brain, Tongue in cheek
Smart on my toes, but weak underneath
I’m a matchstick. I’m a wrecking ball.
I’m a splintered frame. I’m the paint on the wall.
How’s your gingerbread? How’s your aching head?
How’s the blood in your hands marching back to their land like a defeated gang?
I’m going insane. Write it down, I’m creating found, it’s a saving place for your little
face. Fit into my hands. I’m a growing man. You’re a living heart. Here is our start.
The end.




1 chatty Kathys:

Jordan said...

I’m a matchstick. I’m a wrecking ball.
I’m a splintered frame. I’m the paint on the wall.

I love the whole thing..but ^those are my favorite lines.

Even if you were a stranger, I'd still think you were brilliant.